How to clean your fabric sofas
Your sofa endures a lot of use; there’s no avoiding spillages and stains. Here’s a short guide on how to clean your sofa and keep it looking brand new.
Any small marks should be able to be easily removed with warm soapy water.
- It’s as simple as putting a tablespoon of washing up liquid into a cup of warm water.
- Use a clean cloth in the soapy water and apply to the mark by dabbing.
- Follow with a dry cloth to absorb the water.
- Repeat this until the mark has gone.
If you have a tougher stain, it will be more beneficial to add a tablespoon of white vinegar into the soapy water. This is a natural cleaning solution and will leave no scent when dry.
With everyday use, your sofa will build up grime and dirt and might require a more thorough deep clean. Our recommended cleaning method is simple and low-cost.
- Sprinkle a sufficient amount of baking powder to the seat cushions.
- For a deeper clean you can also add a dry carpet cleaner on top of the baking powder and brush into the sofa.
- Leave the powder for 20 minutes.
- Vacuum up the powder, use an upholstery vacuum attachment to avoid fabric damage and work along the sofa in lines.
Depending on your results you might need to repeat, remember always test in an inconspicuous area and be gentle.